PRICE NT$ 1499
Duration of the trip step by step:
- Pick up in Hualien City (Approx. 30 min)
- Drive to Taroko National Park (Approx. 40 min)
- Hiking Options A or B:
a) Xiaozhuilu trail & Shakadang trail (180min – 200min)
b) Baiyang waterfall trail (150min
4.Choose 2 sightseeing routes:
Swallow Grotto (50min)
Jiuqudong (Tunnel of Nine Turns) (60min)
Lyushui Heliu trail (40 ~ 60min)
Xiangde Temple (50min)
Tpedu Trail (40min)
Eternal spring shrine trail
5. Back to Hualien City (Approx. 40 min)
TOUR DURATION: Approx. 8hours, subjected to actual conditions.
MEETING TIME: 7AM (subjected to change according to seasons)
- Complimentary transfer service within Hualien City Area
- Meet at the Uniquefun HQ
- Meet at Hualien Train Station
- Suitable for age 6 years old and above
- Parental company required for children between 6 to 12 years old
- Due to safety measures, please ensure that you are in physically good health. This activity is not suitable for participants with prevailing heart conditions, chronic illnesses, cardiovascular diseases, asthma, epilepsy, and pregnancy. If you suffer from these diseases, please do not register.
Minimum persons to book: 1
Minimum persons to departure: 4
- Activities may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and weather conditions to deliver a safe and satisfying experience to all participants
- Do not explore danger zones unaccompanied in case of any accidents
- Please follow the instructions issued by the tour guide or instructor when encountering bad weather or unforeseen conditions
- Always stay together as a team and keep a lookout for each other. Do not venture off on your own.
- UniqueFun reserves the right to defer or cancel a scheduled tour due to unforeseen circumstances such as typhoons, earthquakes or storms
- Changes due to unforeseen circumstances will be notified via phone calls.
Please wear sensible hiking attire and shoes
- Please bring along your personal motion sickness medication and take it 30 minutes prior to activity.
- You may bring along small backpack (waterproof or bring a cover), hiking shoes, raincoat (heavy rain), umbrella (light rain), drinking water (2L) , snack, long sleeve clothing, hats, small towels, gloves, sunscreen, do not wear perfume (to prevent bees).
- Do not bring your valuables along
- Complimentary transfer service within Hualien City (transfer service is not available beyond Hualien City and assembly will be at UniqueFun HQ)
- 2 million NTD travel insurance coverage / 200,000 NTD medical insurance coverage
- Guided tour
- Photography assistance
- For English service, please let us know at least 3 days in advance at no extra charges (Tips for our international volunteers are welcomed).
- Unspecified transportation costs, additional cost for transfer service outside of Hualien city will be charged accordingly
- Personal expenses
Tour itinerary is subjected to alteration or cancellation depending on weather conditions.
Days Prior to Event Refund Terms:
8 days prior: Full refund
3-7 days prior: 20% administrative fee
2 days prior: 50% administrative fee
1 day prior or actual day: No refund
Cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances by company: Full refund
CHANGE OF BOOKING TERMS
- Rescheduling can be made between 6 days prior of activity (excluding actual day). However, a change can be made only once and is limited to activities from the same organizer.
- Price difference that occur after changes will be topped up or refunded.
- Cancellation is not accepted for rescheduled booking.
- Last minute requests for date change on actual day of activity will not be accepted
#18 Day Hikes in Taroko Gorge
Taroko National Park is not only a well-known scenic spot in Hualien, but also a world-class natural attraction. This day tour contains many “must-go” trials in Taroko National Park. You can only appreciate the beauty of it by firsthand, if you love hiking, it is your first choice!
In this private group day trip, you will follow our knowledgeable guide to the mysterious gorge. In the numerous scenic trails of Taroko National Park, you can choose from: Xiaozhuilu Trail+Shakadang Trail, Swallow Grotto(Yanzikou) Trail, Jiuqudong(Tunnel of Nine Turns) Trail, Lyushui Heliu trail, Xiangde Temple, Tpedu Trail, Baiyang Trail, etc, to walk along with and savour the secret workings of Mother Nature. Some of the trails:
There are seven tunnels along the trail, so it is best to carry a flashlight, and enjoy the chilly air while walking in the tunnels. The waterfall vented in the dark, making it one of the most desired Taroko Trails. It was closed for re-construction and re-open in 2019. Visitors will wear the raincoat before entering the Shuilian Cave to experience the feeling of walking under the ventering water from the tunnel. Remember to bring your raincoat back home!
The total length of the trail is about 4.5 kilometers, and the round-trip time is about 2 to 4 hours. From the Taroko Visitor Center, go through the tunnel, you will see a exquisite bridge with stone statues. This trail is along the Shakadang River, where you can admire ecological landscape and the jade-ish stream.
The Liwu Creek Canyon in Yanzikou(Swallow Grotto) of Taroko National Park is narrow, leaving only a small crack in the sky. There are caves of different sizes on the steep rock walls on both sides for swallows to build their nests, so it has the name of “Swallow Grotto”. So far, the Yanzikou Trail has been re-constructed, along the trail from Yanzikou to Jinheng Bridge, along the way you may enjoy the majestic Taroko Gorge.
Tunnel of Nine Turns (Jiuqudong Trail)
The Jiuqudong trail is two kilometers long. The high mountains along the road go straight to the sky at 90 degrees. The Liwu stream flows through the depths of the canyon. Most people will be convinced by this dangerous terrain.
The vertical marble cliff beside the stream is the Zhuilu Old Trail. This gorgeous cliff with a width of about 1200 meters and an altitude of about 1100 meters is another breathtaking sight to see.
Tianxiang ’s old name was “Tpedu” (the meaning of mountain palm in Truku tribe), which is a multi-layered river with a vast hinterland The topographic terrain and important recreational facilities in the canyon of Taroko National Park, such as tourist service centers, restaurants, hotels, bus stations and post offices, are all set up here. After the opening of the Zhongheng Highway, a statue of Wen Tianxiang was erected here and renamed “Tianxiang”.
Follow up with Uniquefun, we will bring you to the most exquisite tour that you will ever have!