PRICE NT$ 1199
Please book this activity at least 30days in advance!
- Duration of the trip step by step:
- Pick up transfer to Taroko visitor center (Approx. 60 min)
- Taroko visitor center to Zhuilu suspension bridge (Approx. 15 min)
- Hiking from Zhuilu suspension bridge to Badagang Police Station Relics (Approx. 60 min)
- Zhuilu cliff edge rest area & snacks (Approx. 60 min)
- Return to trailhead (Approx. 150 min)
- Transfer back to your Hotel in Hualien City or Train Station in Hualien (Approx. 60 min)
Tour Duration: Approx. 5~8hours, subjected to actual conditions.
Meeting Time: 06:00 – 07:00AM (Depends on seasonal condition and traffic control in Taroko national park)
- Complimentary transfer service within Hualien City Area
- Meet at the Uniquefun HQ
- Meet at Hualien Train Station
- Assembly at Zhuilu old trail entrance
- Suitable for ages 6 and above.
- years old requires accompanying parents.
- Parent agreement is compulsory for age under 18.
- Due to safety measures, please ensure that you are in physically good health. This activity is not suitable for participants with prevailing heart conditions, chronic illnesses, cardiovascular diseases, asthma, epilepsy, and pregnancy. If you suffer from these diseases, please do not register.
Minimum persons to book: 1
Minimum persons to departure: 4
TAROKO NATIONAL PARK ENTRY INFORMATION
- The application for admission to the Zhuilu Old Trail is due one month before departure, the application process takes about one week. If the application unsuccessful, you will be notified a week before departure.
- Entrance is limited to 96 persons on weekdays and 156 persons on weekends and holidays. If the reservation has been completed but the quota is full, we will provide a full refund!
- If it is cancelled due to safety concerns, you will be notified within 24 hours before departure and receive refund after deducted insurance fee and administration fee.
- Activities may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and weather conditions to deliver a safe and satisfying experience to all participants
- Do not explore danger zones unaccompanied in case of any accidents
- Please follow the instructions issued by the tour guide or instructor when encountering bad weather or unforeseen conditions
- Always stay together as a team and keep a lookout for each other. Do not venture off on your own.
- UniqueFun reserves the right to defer or cancel a scheduled tour due to unforeseen circumstances such as typhoons, earthquakes or storms
- Changes due to unforeseen circumstances will be notified via phone calls.
ACTIVITY ATTIRE & ID
- Please bring legal photo ID for entry permit inspection, or valid student ID card.
- Please wear sensible hiking attire and shoes
Tour itinerary is subjected to alteration or cancellation depending on weather conditions National Park Authority instructions.
- Days Prior to Event Refund Terms:
- 8 days prior: Full refund
- 3-7 days prior: 20% administrative fee
- 2 days prior: 50% administrative fee
- 1 day prior or actual day: No refund
- Cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances by company: Full refund
CHANGE OF BOOKING TERMS
- Rescheduling can be made between 6 days prior of activity (excluding actual day). However, a change can be made only once and is limited to activities from the same organizer.
- Price difference that occur after changes will be topped up or refunded.
- Cancellation is not accepted for rescheduled booking.
- Last minute requests for date change on actual day of activity will not be accepted
#5 Hiking Old Trail in Taroko Zhuilu LEVEL 1
“Taroko” in the aboriginal Truku language means “magnificent and beautiful”, and it lives up to its name. Taroko Gorge is equated with the Grand Canyon of the east. It towers over the Liwu River beneath it and spans across 20 kilometres of vertical cliffs, with an elevation of 3,700 kilometers at its tallest which is almost flat walls are a true marvel to view.
This nature phenomenon is the result of thousands of years of marble uplifting and river erosion, and there are many trails in the national park to experience its beauty.
One of the most magnificent hikes will definitely be Zhuilu old trail. In 1917, the Japanese forced the aboriginal people to widen the path to 1.5 meters for the passage or carrying of artillery; those workers had to tied their waists with ropes and hung down from the top of the cliff for construction. You can imagine the hardship and the danger they were encountered.
Duo to the geographical environment and legal factors, the restoration of ancient roads is extremely difficult and precipitous, and many sections have collapsed. Therefore, there is only 3.1 km of the trail is open to visitors currently.
The majority of the trail is uphill and consists of beautiful forest with a handful of river crossings and stunning mountain views mixed in. Finally, the views during the last 500 meter of the trail makes it all reward as you will appreciate most of the cliff in person.
The Old Zhuilu Road was an important connection between ancient Truku aboriginal villages, originally it was only 30cm wide, barely enough for two feet side by side. In 1917, the Japanese conscripted local indigenous men to expand the trail width to 1.5m.
Start your adventure with Uniquefun for this one-of-a-kind experience!
- You may bring along small backpack (waterproof or bring a cover), hiking shoes, raincoat (heavy rain), umbrella (light rain), drinking water (2L) , snack, long sleeve clothing, hats, small towels, gloves, sunscreen, do not wear perfume (to prevent bees).
- Do not bring valuables.
- Please do not book your departure train ticket before 4pm since the leaving time from Zhuilu old trail is according to customer’s physical condition.
- This day tour visits Zhuilu old trail only with other customers, if you wish to see more trails in one day or seeking for private tour, please consider other day tours.
- Complimentary transfer service within Hualien City (transfer service is not available beyond Hualien City and assembly will be at UniqueFun HQ)
- Entry permit application
- 2 million NTD travel insurance coverage / 200,000 NTD medical insurance coverage
- Guided tour
- Photography assistance
- For English service, please let us know at least 3 days in advance at no extra charges (Tips for our international volunteers are welcomed).
- Permit fee(NT.200/adult, NT.100/student)
- Unspecified transportation costs, additional cost for transfer service outside of Hualien city will be charged accordingly
- Personal expenses
Due to the unique characteristics of the Old Zhuilu Road, entrance is limited to 96 persons on weekdays and 156 persons on weekends and holidays. Visitors are required to apply for a park entry permit and a mountain entry permit.
If a typhoon or other natural disaster occurs, the trail will be closed and permits for the closed period will be automatically invalidated. Please apply for a new permit once the trail is reopened.